A Shared Vision for Flexible Space, Housing and Family Services
Kinsight partnered on the Tri-Cities Children’s Centre as part of a larger development — called the Springs — that is located on the former site of St. Andrew’s United Church of Port Moody.
Kinsight worked closely with Inlet United Church and Catalyst Community Developments to create a vision for a development that benefits the Tri-Cities community. The redevelopment includes a mix of flexible spaces, housing and family services, including:
- Tri-Cities Children’s Centre (in partnership with SHARE Family & Community Services)
- A new church and community space (Inlet United Church)
- Non-market rental housing – 55 residential units, including homes for people served by Kinsight (Catalyst and Inlet United Church).
Tri-Cities Children’s Centre Highlights
The Tri-Cities Children’s Centre opened in 2022 and features a child development hub that:
- Provides early intervention and family support services to families and children and youth who have, or are at risk of having developmental delays or disabilities
- Offers a continuum of support for children, youth and their families, from infant and child development programs, to physical and speech therapy, to youth transition
Additionally, the space serves as head office for Kinsight and SHARE. The Centre serves the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra.
Visit the Tri-Cities Children’s Centre website to learn more and see Spencer’s Story (video).