A Shared Vision for Flexible Space, Housing and Family Services
Kinsight is partnering to establish the Tri-Cities Children’s Centre as part of a larger development that will take place at the existing site of St. Andrew’s United Church of Port Moody, pending approval.*
Kinsight is working closely with St. Andrew’s and Catalyst Community Developments to create a vision for a development that will benefit the Tri-Cities community. The proposed redevelopment will include a mix of flexible spaces, housing and family services, including:
- Tri-Cities Children’s Centre (in partnership with SHARE Family & Community Services)
- A new church and community space (St. Andrews)
- Non-market rental housing – 55 residential units, including homes for people served by Kinsight (Catalyst and St. Andrew’s).
Tri-Cities Children’s Centre Highlights
The proposed Tri-Cities Children’s Centre will:
- Provide early intervention and family support services to families and children and youth who have, or are at risk of having developmental delays or disabilities
- Offer a continuum of support for children, youth and their families, from infant and child development programs, to physical and speech therapy, to youth transition
- Share space with the Children & Youth with Special Needs team – a division of the Ministry of Children & Family Development.
Additionally, the space will be the head office for Kinsight and SHARE. The Centre will serve the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra.
*An application for development has been submitted to the City of Port Moody.