A Shared Vision for Flexible Space, Housing and Family Services
Kinsight is partnering to establish the Tri-Cities Children’s Centre as part of a larger development that will take place at the former site of St. Andrew’s United Church of Port Moody.
Kinsight is working closely with Inlet United Church and Catalyst Community Developments to create a vision for a development that will benefit the Tri-Cities community. The redevelopment will include a mix of flexible spaces, housing and family services, including:
- Tri-Cities Children’s Centre (in partnership with SHARE Family & Community Services)
- A new church and community space (Inlet United Church)
- Non-market rental housing – 55 residential units, including homes for people served by Kinsight (Catalyst and Inlet United Church).
Tri-Cities Children’s Centre Highlights
Slated to open in 2021, the Tri-Cities Children’s Centre will be a child development hub that will:
- Provide early intervention and family support services to families and children and youth who have, or are at risk of having developmental delays or disabilities
- Offer a continuum of support for children, youth and their families, from infant and child development programs, to physical and speech therapy, to youth transition
- Share space with the Children & Youth with Special Needs team – a division of the Ministry of Children & Family Development.
Additionally, the space will be the head office for Kinsight and SHARE. The Centre will serve the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra.
Visit the Tri-Cities Children’s Centre website to learn more and see Spencer’s Story (video).